Monday, October 24, 2016

Chapter 6 & 7

Wars

We often tell people if they are right or wrong. We are surrounded with conflict and Cleveland talks about conflict is on social media. We constantly see this scrolling through our Facebook page. Did that person really say that or so and so is dating him,,, weird.

With the debate going on right now I especially see wars against the two parties. People sharing what they think they know about each candidate and who they are going to vote for. People are very stubborn and I am one of them. If I have my mind stuck towards one thing then it is hard changing my ways,

As Christians we tend to culturally see different. Our competitive relationship with other Christians is made more antagonistic by our penchant for negativity ambiguity towards the black sheep. We tend to see those who are "different" and we pay extra attention to the and focus what they are doing than actually what they are doing. We need to start appreciating people as individuals rather that categorizing them as a group. We can learn and build relationships with others.

4 comments:

  1. I like your comments about how we should be recognizing and appreciating people. Everyone has a story, and it is important that we are respectful of them and their culture/background. If we try to create relationships with them on a personal level, we can further our understanding of our own identities as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with this. We all have our own opinions on different things and this can be a roadblock to having meaningful and effective conversations as kingdom citizens. I like your last statement of appreciating people as individuals not as members of a group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I notice the fact that I am very stubborn in my ways as well. I think that the more I hear from different people the more I am open to varying opinions. One thing I appreciate about this class if the fact that I have been able to hear the story of many different people. I have grown as a result and this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your honesty and reflection on your stubbornness. As I've grown I've noticed that I tend to be stubborn in areas where I either feel very confident or very insecure. Reflecting on these things is an important step. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete